Thursday, March 9, 2023

When Characters Feel Like Family

I've had so much fun writing my two most recent full-length novels, and I've realized it's because they take me back to the early days of my Firsts and Forever Series. Just like my early books, they include a lot of my favorite things-- romance, action, found family, and characters that might seem like bad boys, but that always manage to redeem themselves. 

They've also given me the opportunity to revisit some of my all-time favorite characters, the Dombruso family. Adriano Dombruso, one of the main characters in The Thief and the Gangster, is the half-brother of Dante, Vincent, Gianni, and Mike Dombruso, which gave me the perfect opportunity to touch base with those characters. The Dombrusos, especially Dante, continue to play a part in My Brother's Enemy, because one of the main characters is Adriano's younger half-brother Romy. 

This is why I love writing a series--I get to keep checking in with characters who own a piece of my heart, while continually bringing new characters into the family.