Saturday, October 1, 2022

Who is Adriano Dombruso?


My latest book, The Thief and The Gangster, will be released on October 29th. The pre-order is up on Amazon, and here's a little information on the characters. If you'd rather be surprised when you read the book, you might want to bail out of this blog post. :) 

The two main characters are Jack Granger, age 34, and Adriano Dombruso, age 37. You''ll be meeting them for the first time in this book. If you've read other books in my Firsts and Forever Series though, you'll recognize a lot of familiar names in the supporting cast. This book has a lot of action and a storyline that includes organized crime, because I wanted it to be reminiscent of the earliest stories in my Firsts and Forever Series.  

Despite the cameos, this book can absolutely be read as a stand-alone! You don't need to be familiar with any of the supporting characters or their books to thoroughly enjoy Jack and Adriano's action-packed story.

But if you have read some of my earlier books, you might notice that Adriano has the same last name as a very prominent family that's appeared throughout the series. So who is he?

Following is a little snippet from the book. This story is told in dual point of view, and this passage is from Jack's perspective:


The journal had fallen open to a page with a list of names and addresses, and I picked it up and asked, “Who are these people with your last name? Dante, Vincent, Gianni, Michael—”

“They’re my half-brothers.”

“I thought you just had one brother named Romy.”

“He’s the only one I grew up with. Those four are my half-brothers on my dad’s side. He went back to his wife after he spent a few months with my mom, so two are younger than me, and two are older.”

“Are you close?”

“I don’t know them at all,” he said. 

 


So there you have it, a fifth Dombruso brother! Adriano's dad, Paulie Dombruso, separated from his wife for six months when Dante and Vincent were toddlers. During that time, he got involved with a woman named Amanda Russo in Las Vegas. Adriano was born after Paulie went back to his wife, and he never got to know his dad, who died just a few years later.

Dante, Vincent, Gianni, and Mike all got their happily ever afters in earlier books, and now it's Adriano's turn. I've had so much fun revisiting the family in this book, and I can't wait to get it into your hands!